Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Lush Easter Items Not On My Wish List || MaddyBeautyLove



I love Lush's seasonal collections, they always manage to lure me back even when I've sworn off spending. So surprise, surprise I found myself in Lush yet again ready to pick up their new Easter Limited Editions. But while I picked up most of the collection, there were a few items that I gave a miss. 

Pot O' Gold Shower Jelly ||
This is the product that I "Um"d and "Ah"d over the most. It is by far the most stunning shower jelly that Lush have ever created. It's decadent, it's mesmerising and it almost glows. Ingredients include fresh pineapple juice, carrageenan extract, Fair Trade vanilla absolute and sweet orange oil which creates this warm yet sweet scent, not too dissimilar from the scent of the Golden Egg. Plus there's also a heavy sprinkling of lustre too! I've heard people say that it cleanses like a dream and nourishes your skin.
So why didn't I pick it up? 
Being wary that I have a mountain of soaps (in all forms) waiting at home for me, I decided to give this one a miss.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow Soap ||
Guess which one this soap is in the photo….(Hint: it's the one that looks like a giant lemon drop!).
With sicilian mandarin oil, neroli oil and rose absolute, it not only looks like a lemon drop but was created to smell like one too. They've named this mixture "rainbow"which reminded me a little of the Lush's soaps like Bohemian and Baked Alaska, but not as strong. It certainly is visually stunning with the blend of colours and the lustre throughout.
So why didn't I pick it up?
Like with Pot O' Gold, I was wary about adding another soap to my collection unless I fell deeply in love with it like I was with the Carrot Soap. It also didn't tick two important boxes; the scent was quite light and because of this I didn't believe the scent would linger on my skin.

Ultraviolet Bubble Bar ||
Looking like the Comforter and Brightside Bubble Bar's long lost sister, this big bubble bar is sure to give you the most for your money from the bath products in the collection.
So why didn't I pick it up?
Unfortunately with essential oils like jasmine absolute, rosewood oil, violet leaf absolute this really isn't my thing. If you loved the Valentines Day collections or products like Sex Bomb Bath Bomb or Flying Fox Shower gel, this will be the pick for you.

I would love to hear what you have to say on the products I gave a pass on and perhaps what products you didn't pick up this time around!

Bisous, bisous
MaddyBeautyLove
XxXx


No comments:

Post a Comment