Monday, March 9, 2015

Lus's Honey Trap Lip Balm || MaddyBeautyLove



Honey Trap is animal cruelty free, preservative free and vegetarian! 

I've always been a lip care fanatic. Starting with the lip smacker phase, I’ve certainly made my way through brand after brand. It’s only now that I have come across the one that champions them all. Lush’s Honey Trap Lip Balm is perfection in a tin.












First off, the texture its unlike any other. It doesn’t just sit on the top of your lips (Nivea Lip Butter I’m looking at you!). It’s just like butter that melts in to an almost serum-like texture, which is amazing as you can apply this underneath your lipstick with no threat of it slipping and sliding.


Lush's Honey Trap is preservative free. This means that you’re getting the ultimate nutrients from the ingredients, speaking of which, there is no ingredient that I feel uncomfortable with. Which is confidence I don’t have in other balms.



The texture and the hydration is thanks to the use Shea Butter, which as you can expect is Fair Trade, as well as the organic extra virgin olive oil and almond oil. Shea Butter is loaded with vitamin A and is also said to have the qualities of UVB protection (a good source of protection for the amazing yet sun-attracting vitamin E from the almond oil). Almond oil is the multitasking genius as it is the emollient, a demulcent (forms protective film on skin to relieve inflammation) and of course provides high vitamin E content.


So by it’s name you may have guessed that it contains beeswax. The use of beeswax allowed Lush to eliminate petroleum jelly for a superior ingredient. It does more than provide nourishment. It’s a real hard worker as an antioxidant, antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal, replacing the harsh preservatives that do bugger all for your skin.


 TIP: Lush’s Mint Julip’s Lip Scrub and Honey Trap are the perfect pairing.  


It’s also a treat for your taste buds. The white chocolate, vanilla and peppermint oil compliment each other perfectly. Plus I find the peppermint oil to be ultra soothing and cooling on hot and irritated lips. I also read somewhere that the chemicals we release when we are in love, is the same you’ll find in chocolate!

Now let's move on to the other aspects of Honey Trap. The size of Honey Trap is so compact, as you can see in the picture above in comparison to the Mint Julips Lip Scrub. It fits conveniently in any purse, bag or storage. However, I have seen many people become discouraged from trying this one because of it's application being fingers rather than by a stick. This is not something I'm personally fussy about as the texture is nourishing even for the hands, besides this is where the properties of the honey comes in. 

The one note that I will make is that the packaging I have is from a batch from Japan, where as the Australian packaging is much more difficult and fussy to use (if you've used their other balms/tints you might know what I'm saying). Though I can hope this packaging will change if it hasn't already. A tip that I was taught that might help is to tap the tin twice and always twist with dry hands. 

I really hope you guys enjoyed this review. If there are any Lush products that you'd like to see me review for you, please don't hesitate to ask! I'd also love to know your thoughts on Honey Trap!

You can find Honey Trap in your local Lush store or online for $9.95 (8g).

Bisous, bisous
MaddyBeautyLove
XxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment