Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Current Reads ||MaddyBeautyLove



44 degrees. 44! It makes me anxious to think that its 6 degrees from reaching 50. 50! Definitely weather where I will not attempt to wear make-up. 

So naturally I’ve hidden in the depths of safety in my air conditioned home. But even the cooling is struggling in this heat!

But enough about the weather, just thinking about it now is raising my temperature. Pun intended.

Instead we shall talk about books! Finally I have some freedom in my day-to-day life and I chose the to breathe in the fresh, crisp scent that is concealed within the pages of novels.  Ergo, I commence in showing you the list of books that I’m aiming to finish within the next two months-ish before I start afresh at University. University, what a scary thought.


My current Bedside table companion: Love in the Time of Cholera

This is the novel that I'm currently reading and enjoying, which surprises me, as I prefer novels like Pride and Prejudice and more typical period novels instead of novels set in a non-english speaking country. This book is also one that was controversial in the media as it was placed on the reading list for VCE year 12 for numerous reasons, I decided that I would have a go at reading something out of my depths. I'm glad that this book found its way to me and I decided to test new waters and so far, its somewhat captivating and im not even a third of the way in!


Young-adult must haves: 'Looking for Alaska' & 'Paper Towns'
Two books that I nabbed off one of my close friends only yesterday afternoon. (The best types of bookshops, are your friends and family in my friends opinions) These two novels are written by the amazing author/youtuber/and I-don't-even-know-what-else, John Green! can't show you how excited I am to finally read these! I'm having trouble deciding which one to read first! Help! 





Just look at the covers! I'm a sucker for gorgeous covers.

The Classics: 'Great Expectations' & 'Sense and Sensibility'
Now we have some true classics, written by the everlasting Jane Austen and Charles Dickens. I guess there's not much to be said on these two. I'm an avid fan of classics and having loved the BBC adaptions to these novels, I can’t wait to sit down and put my whole being in to absorbing them!

There we have it! 
Are you guy’s big readers? What are you reading this month?! Any recommendations?

XxXx
~MaddyBeautyLove~

Where else you can find me!:  

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11528653/?claim=fvd666ku2rm">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Main Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaddyBeautyLove 

Instagram: Nice_N_Spiffy

Tumblr: http://maddylovesongs.tumblr.com/

Twitter : https://twitter.com/MaddyLoveSongs

Secondary Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaddyLovesExtras 

No comments:

Post a Comment