Thursday, February 5, 2015

Finding My Prince Charming ||MaddyBeautyLove

"Oh Prince Charming, will you be my Valentine?"

 Prince Charming Shower-Gel

Review 

As you might have guessed, I've done a little bit crazy for the limited edition Lush range on my instagram (nice_n_spiffy). Well, today I'm back for yet another review following videos, instagram posts and blog posts coming from me left right and centre. 


"Prince Charming" certainly lives up to its name. It's sweet, but not candy like, its romantic while being fun. Pretty much what I look for in my Prince Charming…this is just a shower-gel version! 

The colour of this shower gel is a gorgeous dark pink that is more sensual than the pink you'll find in the Snow Fairy bottle. In fact, scent wise, I think that lovers and non-lovers of Snow Fairy will adore this Jaffa lolly like scent. Does anyone else smell Jaffa lollies when they smell this too? 

I must admit with ingredients like marshmallow root and vanilla pod, I was thinking something extremely creamy-yet sweet. However with the inclusion of the grapefruit and pomegranate oil, it's certainly more tangy. But, I won't complain. When you look at the benefits of the ingredients, it far out weighs what little disappointment I had. 

The vanilla pod that is used in this product is fair trade - a creamy scent that is also used in some other of my favourite products like American Cream hair conditioner. the vanilla pod mixes well with the marshmallow root to give it that sweet strong fragrance and what is great is that it's a humectant so it brings moisture in to your skin AND an anti-inflammatory! I love my vitamins in any form, so I was happy to find out that the grapefruit oil will not only clear my mind but tone my skin and add a little more vitamin C in to my day. The fresh organic pomegranate juice also works to cleanse and brighten your skin while the deliciousness that is almond oil, will work to soften your skin and add's some of that vitamin E goodness. 

Sounds great right? There's one more thing that I love. The sandalwood oil is sourced right here in Australia!

Another thing about this Shower Gel is that it's a great multi-tasker. Use it for the bath to create delicious bubbles and you can also use it to wash your hair! It's the ultimate scent enhancer and so delicious. 

I didn't find my skin as soft as if I had used The Olive Branch Shower Gel on my skin, but my arms and legs felt more toned and softer than when I stepped in to the shower. But the soft texture was such a pleasure to use. Needing no more than the amount of a 5cent piece, it created a gorgeous soft later. I know that this bottle will last me for months. 

I definitely recommend using the opportunity in store to try this soap on your skin for two reasons. What you smell in the bottle will not be how the product smells in the shower. I've heard a lot of people mention how much nicer it smells in the shower. For me, it was an extremely light smell in the shower. Secondly, you'll be able to suss out how moisturising it is on your skin and how/if it lingers after you've used it. As there are some people like me who love to have a shower gel linger on the skin, while others opt for ones which don't in fear it will overpower a perfume. Have no fear to the latter group of people. I found that this scent was almost undetectable when I left the shower. Even after softly patting my skin dry.

I purchased the 250g bottle for $16.50 knowing full well that I was likely going to fall in love with it too much for a small bottle to last me for the year. Don't be surprised if you see it a few times throughout the year in favourites! 

Have you thought about picking up Prince Charming? 
I'd love to know what you think of the scent! 

Bisous, bisous
MaddyBeautyLove
XxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment