Friday, July 3, 2015

Happy Christmas in July! Too early? Never!

Baked Alaska Snowball Soap 



Happy Christmas in July! Too early? Never! 

I couldn't be more excited for it, because I will always welcome Lush new releases and this year we have a few oldies, but also a few pieces that I've laid my eyes on. So to help any clueless souls who haven't quite decided what should be on their shopping list I'm reviewing all the products and giving you my verdict. I would love to hear what you all think of the products too so don't forget to reach out to me on here, my YouTube, Twitter or Instagram and let's freak out together (to christmas music of course!)

Let's start with something that seems a little out of touch for Melbourne's crazy winter weather! 

Baked Alaska Snowball Soap

This was my absolute favourite solid soap over the Summer just past. It’s zesty, it's citrus and with ylang ylang, grapefruit and lemon myrtle oils, it works wonders in curing any Winter blues. The scent it quite a nostalgic one for me. It smells just like a lemon ice-pole during the Summer when I was younger - which is no doubt to why it was one of the fastest selling soaps over Christmas. 

What I love about Lush soaps, is their ability to linger on the skin. So what is the verdict on this one? It does linger on the skin albeit lightly. If you’re a fan of any of Lush’s more citrus products you will no doubt fall in love with this too - so combining it with anything from the Karma range will give it more longevity. 

Before this one is cut is looks just like a gigantic snowball. The blue, pink and green hues that are revealed, remind me a little of the pastel islands in Golden Wonder. 

One of the big questions with this one will probably be – How does it make my skin feel? 
I actually find this soap quite softening on the skin. It doesn’t leave a very “squeaky-clean” soap feeling on my skin and I find because it isn’t so creamy, it lasts a decent amount of time.

What else can possibly make this soap more fabulous? Perhaps the fact that it is vegan, packaging-free, 100% palm oil (no Orangutang suffered for this) AND petrochemical free! 

Did you have the chance to smell Baked Alaska Snowball over Christmas? 
Do you wish another Christmas soap had made its return?
Have you ever wanted to smell like an ice-pole?!

No comments:

Post a Comment